BGI is a world leader in genomics, delivering lifesaving solutions in medicine, helping to preserve biodiversity and food security, and revolutionizing cures for cancer. Our mission is to advance life science research and expand access to genomics for the benefit of humanity.
BGI Seattle is seeking collaboration opportunities in: Healthcare | Medical Research | Academic Institutions | Pharma
For our partners, we provide:
- Preventive healthcare and precision medicine solutions utilizing genomics
- Research and Commercial sequencing on proprietary platform
- Next generation genomic sequencing on proprietary platform, including human WGS, RNA (transcriptome)
sequencing and plant, animal and microbe de novo sequencing
- Pharma solutions for drug discovery/clinical trials
- Collaborative research and access to global research partnerships
- Incubation support for startups in Seattle and San Jose
- Assistance for global expansion, including through BGI Shenzhen-based incubator Miracle Light
- Founded in 1999
- 6000+ employees
- 15,000 global partners
- 1,640 publications in leading journals
- 1,100,000 samples for research
- 4,900,000 samples for clinical applications
- U.S. locations: Seattle, San Jose, Boston and Philadephia
BGI is ranked #1 in academic collaboration in the Nature Index.
Whole Genome Sequencing at $600 offers high quality at lowest cost in the industry.
70% of plants and animals sequenced have been done by BGI and its partners.