We are excited to announce we are hiring!
Life Science Washington Institute (LSWI) is seeking an outward facing Program & Grants Manager, a new role created to support the “Institute” team in connecting the Institute with underserved entrepreneurs across the state. This person will lead the recruitment of applicants to the Institutes two new grant programs as well as the implementation of those programs. Additionally, this person will monitor and report one existing state program and one existing federal program. This person will interact with a broad range of people across the state from early-stage life science entrepreneurs to senior leadership at leading companies and institutions. The skilled administrative duties include maintaining databases, developing routine communications, and providing excellent customer service to grant applicants, recipients, and institutions.
- Build a diverse group of applicants for newly created grant programs and legacy Institute offerings.
- Manage grant programs including documentation of decision-making process, notifications to awardees and agencies and tracking outcomes of programs.
- Serves as point of contact for applicants, recipients, and institutions who have questions about application or award processes.
- Processes grant applications using established systems and methodologies.
- Attends weekly LSW/LSWI meetings; prepares the agenda and documents action items for items related to position responsibilities.
- Participates in the review of grant proposals; serves as central source of information for items related to grants programs.
- Schedules meetings and coordinates events.
- Joins the Executive Director in meetings with federal or state grant program officers as an active participant and to make notes and ensure clear communication and documentation of decisions and outcomes.
- Prepares documents for approved grants, including proposals, pledges, confidentiality agreements and works with Controller to process payments and awards.
- Works with Marketing and Communications Manager to prepare external communications about approved grants and program news and updates.
- Serves as liaison to all Grant Committees; schedules meetings, prepares and assembles Committee materials, attends meetings, prepares meeting outcome reports for attendees and grant applicants.
- Maintains grant tracking database; works to improve its grants management processes; works with Controller for financial tracking.
- Tracks reports due, sends requests to researchers, and processes reports.
- Attends conferences, webinars, and other events to maintain currency on topics related to position.
- Manage the solicitation, receipt, and review of grant payback reports to identify potential issues, to ensure that all grantees meet contract requirements and verify that documentation is complete.
- Works with Executive Director to develop standard operating procedures for key functions of this new position.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, non-profit management or a related field, or the equivalent combination of work experience and education
- 3+ years’ experience in coordinating or managing grantmaking or grant writing processes.
- Fluency in MS Office 365 and experience in learning and using databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize deadlines, work independently, take initiative, be highly organized, and maintain confidentiality in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability and willingness to work remotely or from a home office, on occasion.
Working conditions: LSW’s offices are located at 188 East Blaine Street in Seattle. We currently offer a flexible, hybrid location work arrangement. This position requires some travel and attendance at evening events/meetings at off-site locations.
Salary: The salary range for the Program & Grants Manager position is $75,000 to $84,000, commensurate with experience. LSWI offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent employee benefits package.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, LSW requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
To learn more about Life Science Washington Institute – www.lswinstitute.org.